Monday 9 May 2011

Personal Makes

I love gifts. Most of us do. Thoughtful personal gifts that someone has matched to you.

Since taking up sewing, I've given some thought to this when giving. I've made plenty of this personalised bunting, lovely for my little girl's friends for birthday's, it certainly beats all the plastic manufactured stuff.















I was blessed last month in becoming an Aunty for the first time. Milly is just wonderful. I wanted to give a special gift to her and set about making my first quilt. Actually it isn't a quilt in the traditinal sense but by following tutorals I made this personal framed quilt. I love it. I hope she'll grow up loving it, playing on it and nesting on it to watch TV. I couldn't resist making bunting as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment